Sunday 16 November 2014

Finished object: 48 little socks

36 medium ones
Pattern: Little Sock Ornaments by Tin Can Knits
Yarn: Lang Yarn Merino + superwash
Colour: lots of leftovers from various projects
Needles: 3.5 mm DPS
Start of project: October 11, 2014
End of project: November 16, 2014

On Ravelry

Here they are: 48 socks all ready for the last 24 days before christmas.

I just finished the last two socks this afternoon and I am so glad I got there in time. They were fun to knit and only took about an hour per sock. I enjoyed trying to find new colour combinations and while I don't love all of them, I think there are so many of them that it doesn't matter too much if some of them are not quite as beautiful as the others. I knit twins of my favourites if there was enough colour. I used about 425 grams of leftovers from my Vivid blanket and other projects and with the stripes it was possible to use even the shortest bit of yarn. Knitting these socks taught me a lot about colour changes and I can do socks and kitchener stitch in my sleep now.

I can't wait for it to be the 30st of November, when I will put them on my kids' walls and fill them with treats. I am not sure if they didn't figure out that they are going to get these socks as a calendar, but so far they didn't ever say anything about it, so who knows ;-)

12 little ones

8 comments:

  1. They are going to love this calendar! And my that is a lot of socks to knit up :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh my gosh, this is the sweetest little advent calendar ever!! What a great idea. Plus, great stash busting on the socks!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Replies
    1. even after I knit 48 I still found them cute ;-)

      Delete