Saturday 15 November 2014

Progress on my Ravello

Pattern: Ravello by Isabell Kraemer
Yarn: Madelinetosh Tosh Sock
Colours: MC Silverfox, CC1 Tart, CC2 Smokestack
Needles: 3.5 mm DPS/ round needle, 3mm DPS
Start of project: November 10, 2014

On Ravelry

My Ravello has been growing steadily during the last few days. This yarn is such a pleasure to knit with, it's really soft and so beautiful. At first I was very unsure about the darker grey, the Smokestack. But now I am actually really happy with the contrast between the two of them. Not too intense but still visible.

Thanks to my second round needle I can also try it on every once in a while. So far I like the fit a lot. It's probably rather less ease than the original but definitely not too tight either.


I am trying to do this with waist shaping which isn't in the pattern. I am not sure if I started the decreases in the right spot, maybe I could have waited a little while longer. I guess I'll just have to see what it looks like in the end.

4 comments:

  1. Das sieht wirklich ganz toll aus! Ich bin begeistert und möchte auch gleich einen Ravello haben! :-)
    Herzliche Grüsse und ein schönes Wochenende,
    Anna

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Vielen Dank! Die drei Madelinetoshfarben passen einfach super, ich war schon soo lange verliebt in die Farbe Tart, aber wusste nie, was ich damit stricken sollte.

      Delete
  2. Looks great! I really love those colors. Looking forward to seeing it finished!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I am quite excited about it too.

      Delete