Wednesday 3 December 2014

Finished Object: Ravello

Pattern: Ravello by Isabell Kraemer
Yarn: Madelinetosh Tosh Sock
Colours: MC Silverfox, CC1 Tart, CC2 Smokestack
Needles: 3.5 mm DPS/ round needle, 3mm DPS
Start of project: November 10, 2014
End of project: December 1, 2014

On Ravelry

Yay, look what December brought ;-)

I finally finished my Ravello. I don't know why it took me so long, because this was such a pleasure to knit. The Madelinetosh Tosh Sock is a dream to use, so soft and the colours are just amazing. It was a lot of stockinette, but I wasn't bored by it. I just had to do it in little bits here and there, because there was (and is) so much going on right now. 

This was my first Raglan sweater and I found it a great way to knit a sweater, because I could try it on while it was still growing. I tried something new for the cast off, because all the cast offs I knew looked wrong. In the end I went for a sewn cast off and I think it looks really neat.

I might wear this on Christmas eve because the colours look so festive or I might just wear it all the time and never take it off anymore. I can see more fingering weight sweaters coming in my future...

And because this was still on my needles in December for a little while, I can post it on "auf den Nadeln im Dezember".

4 comments:

  1. Your Ravello is beautiful! What a way to ring in December!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I feel like a christmas decoration ;-)

      Delete
  2. Oh my Corinne!! Gorgeous sweater and the fit is perfection. Great colors - I bet you love it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I am really happy that it turned out the way I imagined it! I haven't worn it yet, but soon ;-)

      Delete