Saturday 2 May 2015

Cousins


Yesterday was family day. Two of my cousins came to visit with their kids. I've only started to see them again more often in the last two years. Before that I'd see them occasionally, every few years maybe. Then two years ago, these two organised a big christmas gathering, kind of like the ones we used to have as kids. I really enjoyed seeing everybody and I think my kids loved it too, because they don't have any close cousins. The ones from their dad's side are much older and my brother doesn't have kids at all.

Anyway, after that christmas two years ago I helped prepare this year's christmas with them. Y&A couldn't come to the actual event because they were skiing in Zermatt. So we decided to meet again sometimes in the spring - which brings us to yesterday ;-)

I was a bit apprehensive about what to do with 4 kids who don't know each other and are quite far apart agewise. Especially because it poured all day, which drowned my plans to go outside and hope for the best. Fortunately I remembered one idea that used to be fun when the weather was really bad -  going to the the gym at school. There is a definite advantage to having a key that unlocks an empty hall with lots and lots of equipment. And it was a success, we had a lot of fun, tried out masses of stuff and I even took some photos. Of course the timer always went off when at least one person wasn't ready or was laughing too hard and there were was a lot of photobombing involved.


In the evening we ate lots and lots of fajitas and it was comfortable and cozy and I was very happy when everybody left. It's lovely to do family stuff sometimes!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment