Sunday 10 May 2015

Finished Object: Hitofude Cardigan

Pattern: Hitofude Cardigan by Hiroko Fukatsu
Yarn: Madelinetosh Merino Light
Colours: Jade
Needles: 3.5 mm Round Needle
Start of project: April 19, 2015
End of project: May 9, 2015

On Ravelry

It's done. It took a while, in the end each row was soo long I needed more than 10 minutes to get from one end to the other. I also had to frog back about 5 cm right before the end when I realised that there wouldn't be enough yarn to finish the way I wanted. So I just added another chart E instead of doing a chart F.

I am very glad I started again bigger because the M fits me much better than the S would have done. Right now the cardigan is drying and I can't wait to take it off the needles to see how it looks for real. But I am pretty sure this will see a lot of wear, because a cardigan like this is just perfect to wear on top of a t-shirt.


It looks like the last skein was slightly lighter than the other two (or maybe it lost more colour when I soaked it because I never noticed it while knitting) There is a difference of colour but I hope it won't be terribly noticable once it's dry, especially because the garment won't be flat when worn. There is no way I'll go back a whole skein ;-)


Today (Sunday) it was finally ready. Once again Antonia helped me out and was my photographer. We were very lucky to get the last bit of sunshine and lots and lots of green and yellow. I am very happy with how this turned out!!!


I will share this post with "auf den Nadeln im Mai"...

8 comments:

  1. It's absolutely beautiful, Corinne! Love the color, fit ans stitch pattern! You did a great job! You will wear it forever - so classy and timeless!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you! This cardigan felt like "me" from the first time I saw it and now that I finished it I want to wear it all the time.

      Delete
  2. Your Hitofude cardigan is so, so beautiful!! Lve the green you chose, and it look slight as air.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you Julie! It is airy and very soft. Right now we are having really summery temperatures but it should be getting cooler again and then I'll be able to wear it.

      Delete
  3. I love your hitofude and you look so cute and pretty in it! I've shelved my for the time being, I've got house painting going on and that is keeping me quite busy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you, Karen, especially for being my inspiration to ever knit this! I found it quite an intense knit, it took a lot of time to finish but it was definitely worth it. Right now I am looking forward to slightly less hot temperatures at the weekend, so I can actually wear it. I am sure yours will look great once you are done with everything else.

      Delete
  4. Your beautiful Hitofude was a labor in love for sure. Now that you persevered I am sure you love it that much more! It is gorgeous. Well done!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you, Andi. Somehow bigger projects can be a lot of fun when they turn out just right.

      Delete