Friday 1 May 2015

Reading Challenge - April

I am not really sure if this Reading Challenge is the thing for me. I can't read my books in the order I am supposed to read. Reading is fun and I want to choose whatever book I like depending on the mood I am in.

Also some of the prompts either don't speak to me or they don't work. For example # 13 was supposed to be a book set in a different country - well the thing is there aren't that many books that are set in Switzerland so most of my books are set in a different country which doesn't make this a challenge at all. So I changed it to a book in a different language (French is different from my two main book languages English and German). I also changed # 17 to a book Goodreads recommended me (because I don't have friends...  no, I meant to say I don't have friends that recommend me books ;-).

I guess as this is my own challenge, I can do with it what I want but it still feels like cheating a little bit when I try to squeeze all my books onto the list (at least for now, there will probably be more books than 52 at the end of the year) because I have to be a good gatherer (and no, I am not OCD at all)

Anyway right now I am stuck with my French book (#13). It's not terribly difficult but it takes more concentration to read but I am just not really into the story, so I keep adding new books to my kindle and don't make any progress with it.

The second book I am reading right now (Elisabeth is missing) is quite scary but also fascinating. It's about this really confused elderly lady who keeps forgetting what she wanted to do from moment to moment. Not an easy read either but I think I'll finish that one.

1. a book with more than 500 pages: "The Goldfinch" by Donna Tartt (01/24)
2. a romance: "Sweet Filthy Boy" by Christina Lauren (02/09)
3. a book that became a movie: "Still Alice" by Lisa Genova (03/27)
4. a book published this year: "First Frost" by Sarah Addison Allen (01/28)
5. a book with a number in the title:"28 Tage lang" by David Safier (02/21)
6. a book written by someone under 30: "Wild" by Cheryl Strayed (02/13)
7. a book with nonhuman characters: "Saubande" by Arne Blum (03/24)
8. a funny book:
9. a book by a female author: "Dash & Lily's Book of Dares" by Rachel Cohn (02/28)
10. a mystery or thriller: "Das Flüstern der Fische" by Walter Christian Kärger (03/21)
11. a book with a one-word title: "Outlander" by Diana Gabaldon (03/08)
12. a book of short stories:  
13. a book in a different language: "Alors tu ne serais plus jamais triste" by Baptiste Beaulieu (currently reading)
14. a nonfiction book: 
15. a popular author's first book: "Garden Spells" by Sarah Addison Allen (01/06)
16. a book from your favorite author that you haven't read yet: "Reset" by Petra Ivanov (04/20)
17. a book Goodreads recommended: "Elisabeth Is Missing" by Emma Healey (currently reading)
18. a Pulitzer-prize winning book: 
19. a book based on a true story:
20. a book at the bottom of your to read list: 
21. a book your mom or dad loves: 
22. a book that scares you: "Left Neglected" by Lisa Genova (04/04)
23. a book more than 100 years old: 
24. a book based entirely on its cover:
25. a book you were supposed to read in school but didn't: 
26. a memoir:
27. a book you can finish in a day: "The Same Sky" by Amanda Eyre Ward" (01/25)
28. a book with antonyms in the title:
29. a book set somewhere you've always wanted to visit:"Love Anthony" by Lisa Genova (04/26)
30. a book that came out the year you were born: 
31. a book with bad reviews:
32. a trilogy (the first):  "A Discovery of Witches" by Deborah Harkness (02/03)
33. a trilogy (the second): "Shadow of Night" by Deborah Harkness (03/02)
34. a trilogy (the third): "The Book of Life" by Deborah Harkness (03/10)
35. a book from your childhood:
36. a book with a love triangle:"Never never" by Colleen Hoover (04/24)
37. a book set in the future:
38. a book set in high school: "Anna and the French Kiss" by Stephanie Perkins (04/15)
39. a book with a color in the title:  
40. a book that made/makes you cry:
41. a book with magic: "Lost Lake" by Sarah Addison Allen (01/04)
42. a graphic novel:
43. a book by an author you've never read before: "Accidents of Marriage" by Randy Susan Meyers (02/08)
44. a book you own but have never read: 
45. a book that takes place in your hometown: "Hafturlaub" by Petra Ivanov (02/28)
46. a book that was originally written in another language: 
47. a book set during Christmas (or similar holiday):
48. a book written by an author with your same initials:
49. a play:
50. a banned book:
51. a book based on or turned into a tv show:
52. a book you started but never finished: "Attachments" by Rainbow Powell (03/17)

No comments:

Post a Comment