Wednesday 29 July 2015

Finished Object: Bradway Shawl

Pattern: Bradway by Shannon Cook
Yarn: Madelinetosh Pashina Worsted
Colours: Vintage Sari, Vintage Antler, Worn Denim
Needles: 4.5mm Round Needle
Start of project: July 18th, 2015
End of project: July 28th, 2015

On Ravelry

When I saw this Mini KAL on Very Shannon, I knew this project would be perfect to knit while on the road in Canada. So I ordered three lovely colours in Madelinetosh Pashmina Worsted and then I had to wait for our departure time to get closer ;-)

I didn't want to do the first bit on the plane, because it's easier to get into a rhythmn at home. So I cast on and knit the first little part still at home.




The rest of it is a true Road Trip project: I knit on the train to a friend's birthday party, knit on the plane to Reykjavik and Vancouver and I knit at all the places we stopped - the Hummingbird Guesthouse in Port Alberni, the Seafarer's B&B in Tofino, on board of the Raincoast Maiden somewhere among the Broken Islands and close to Ucluelet, on Long Beach and finally at the Kingfisher Oceanside Spa and Resort in Courtenay. I am sure the spirit of all those amazing places is knit into the shawl and will stay there for as long as I remember our holiday.

I used one whole skein of the Vintage Sari and needed the second skein only for the cast off row, there is still a small ball of the Vintage Antler and the Worn Denim left. I think, I'll try to knit a hat with these leftovers - I have kind of an idea already but I don't know if I'll be able to pull it off.

I haven't blocked the shawl yet and I hope I can get it to grow quite a bit. I want to really be able to wrap myself in it once it's totally finished.


Thanks to my iPhone and my daughter and with the help of the stunning scenery of Vancouver Island I even have some photos ready to show. I took more with my proper camera but those will have to wait 'till we are back in Switzerland.



I'll also write more about our adventures later, when I'll be in front of a proper computer again ;-)

2 comments:

  1. This shawl is just perfect for a road trip!!! And you are so right that it is much easier to get into the rhythm before you go! You chose such lovely colors!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Alina. Road knitting might be my favourite style ever ;-)

      Delete