Saturday 10 December 2016

Finished Object: Snare

Pattern: Snare by Norah Gaughan
Yarn: Swans Island Natural Colors Merino Worsted
Colour: teal
Needles: 4.5mm Round Needles
Start of project: November 27th, 2016
End of project: December 4th, 2016

On Ravelry

Because good things come in 3s (at least in German) I will also write about my third finished object today.

About a year ago I finished Andreas' sweater Hitchcock. Because I thought then that I had ordered too little yarn for the sweater, I had to order an extra skein which somehow turned into two when I found the one I'd missed at the back of the drawer (I know!!!) and so there was quite a bit of left over yarn. If you've read my old blog article you might remember that I liked the softness of the yarn but I was really not a fan of the dye the yarn lost while knitting. Nevertheless I'd promised Andreas a hat and now we finally decided on a pattern and I found the time for it.


For once I swatched carefully for it, I tested the pattern and I tried the Italian Cast On in the Round before I started the actually hat. Both worked out wonderfully and after casting on 120 stitches in the slowest possible way (but so worth it, it looks super neat) it didn't take a lot of time for this little hat to grow.



I am quite taken with the pattern and I might knit another one for myself, I tried it on and I think it would suit me just as well ;-) Andreas seemed happy with it though and I already saw him wearing it on his bike only a few hours after he got it, something that makes my little knitter heart quite happy.


So now that all these projects are out of the way my head is free for something new. I will knit a pair of mittens next and there is more sock yarn waiting and I ordered yarn for a loop for Antonia.

No comments:

Post a Comment